1. This Membership Agreement is between the Member, listed in Section 1 above (hereinafter referred to as the "Member") and Fitness Zone JLT (hereinafter referred to as the "Fitness Center").
2. This Membership allows the Member to use facilities of the Fitness Center by Member personally and does not allow to bring any guests, temporary or otherwise. The Member shall present a current Membership Card each time the Member enters the Fitness Center.
3. The Member undertakes to pay the Membership Fees (hereinafter referred to as the "Membership Fees") relevant to the Membership type specified.
4. The Member must pay the full amount of the membership prior to using the fitness centre. The Member hereby acknowledges that the Membership Fees are non-refundable, and cannot be sold.
5. The Fitness Center reserves the right to change the Membership Fees under this Agreement by posting notice of such change in the Fitness Center at least 30 days prior to such change.
6. The Member hereby acknowledges and undertakes to obey all rules and regulations of the Fitness Center currently in force or to be introduced in future in respect of use of the Fitness Center facilities, premises and equipment therein.
7. The Fitness Center may amend policies and regulations and modify Membership Fees, from time to time. The Fitness Center may make reasonable changes to the days and hours of the facility when required in respect to public holidays.
8. The Fitness Center reserves the right to revoke the Membership for causes including but not limited to breach of any rules and regulations of the Fitness Center, nuisance or disturbance caused to other members or staff, moral considerations or fraud. In this case, the Membership Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9. Appropriate sporting attire must be worn in the Fitness Center at all times, bare chest is considered inappropriate. Running shoes/ trainers must be worn at all times. Bare feet are only acceptable when authorized by an instructor in a specific class.
10. Without limiting the Member's obligation to obey the rules and regulations of the Fitness Center currently in force or to be prescribed in the future, the Member agrees to obey the following rules by:
a) paying timely the Membership Fees;
b) considering other members' rights and privileges while using Fitness Center facilities;
c) following directions on the proper use of the training equipment and asking for instructions when necessary;
d) treating Fitness Center members and staff with full respect and courtesy at all times.
11. It is expressly understood and agreed that any and all rights or privileges granted by the Fitness Center under the present Agreement are not assignable or transferrable by the Member to any third party.
12. The Member hereby states that he/she is in good physical condition and have no medical reason, impairment, or disability that might prevent from using all Fitness Center's facilities.
13. It is further agreed and understood that use of the Fitness Center's premises and facilities including use of weights, any and all machinery, equipment and apparatus designed for exercising shall be at the Member's sole risk. Not withstanding any consultation on exercise programs which may be provided by the Fitness Center staff, it is hereby understood that the selection of exercise programs, methods and types of equipment shall be Member's entire responsibility, and the Fitness Center shall not be liable to the Member or Member's family for any claims or demands arising from injuries or damages to the Member or his property. Member has executed this release voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance.
14. If Member brings any personal property into the premises of the Fitness Center or into the Fitness Center's parking area, the Member takes such action at his sole risk. It is hereby expressly understood that the Fitness Center does not carry any responsibility for any damages to or loss of any personal property of the Member due to theft, damage or car accident.
15. The Member hereby undertakes to hold the Fitness Center, its successors, assigns, owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims which may be brought against them by the Member or on the Member's behalf by the Member's family, executors, administrators and personal representatives for any injuries or damages. This clause at any times shall survive termination of the present Agreement.
16. The Agreement is construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
17. The Parties irrevocably agree that any claim or matter arising from or in connection with this Agreement or the legal relationships established by or in connection with the Agreement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with provisions set forth under the Rules of Dubai International Arbitration Center (DIAC) by three arbitrators appointed in compliance with the said Rules.
18. The seat of the arbitration shall be the Emirate of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. The arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in the English language.
By signing this Agreement the Member states that he/she has thoroughly read and fully understands the terms of the present Agreement and hereby agrees to be bound by the same.